Wednesday 23 March 2016

Caramelised Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Hello Everyone!

What' on your Holi menu?:-)

Well, lately I have been a little tied up at work , so haven't started my holi preparations as yet except that I made this cake for the Holi Potluck at my workplace.I thought let me make a colourful cake(without icing) for Holi. Suddenly it struck me, let's go for pineapple upside down and will decorate it with cherries to give it a good blend of brightness and colour. Caramel also adds some good sheen to the cake.So all in all I zeroed in on this  caramelised pineapple cherry cake to kick-start the Holi celebrations.All my colleagues loved it.This one is one of my personal favorites too.It was taught to me by one of my dearest aunty. This goes well with icing too. I've made fresh fruit cake with icing using this one as a base and it has turned  out really well.

Here's my Take :-




Ingredients

1 and a 1/2 cup refined flour (Maida)
1 cup powdered sugar
150 gm butter at room temperature
3 eggs
1 and a 1/2 tsp baking powder (levelled)
Vanilla essence- 2 tsp
Tinned Pineapple
Tinned Cherries

For the caramel :- 3 Tbsp sugar and 2 Tsp water

Method
  1. Sieve maida and baking powder and keep it aside.
  2. Beat sugar and butter in a bowl until the mixture becomes creamy.
  3. Mix in  eggs and vanilla essence.
  4. Fold in the dry ingredients to the above mixture and the batter is ready.
  5. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
  6. Grease the baking tin (around 8" round tin) with butter.
  7. Arrange the pieces of tinned pineapple and raisins in the tin.
  8. Prepare the caramel by heating 3tbsp sugar with 2 tsp of water.Turn off the heat when the syrup turns golden brown.
  9. Immediately pour the caramel over the  pineapple and raisins.Make sure it doesn't crystallize.You need to be very quick and careful here.
  10. Pour the prepared batter over this.Give it a light tap .
  11. Bake at 180 deg Celsius for 25-30 mins.
  12. Once the cake is ready, allow it to cool for sometime.Decorate with cherries.
  13. You can cut it and store in the refrigerator.This cakes tastes good when it is cold.
Enjoy! :-)

Happy Takes! & Happy Bites!



No comments:

Post a Comment