Saturday 19 March 2016

Fresh Homemade Guacamole

I must say, I have experienced it often with food that whenever I think of something it appears right in front of me!
Few days back I was thinking about making guacamole and today an unplanned, first time entry into a speciality gourmet store led me to buy avocado.And the first thing I did after reaching home was-I immediately made IT! Yes, I couldn't wait to make it.It was already tea time.I had bought some garlic toasts from the store as well.So I quickly  made fresh guacamole,  applied it on top of the toasts and had it along with our evening tea.We all loved it! :-)
We know guacamole is a very healthy option but you must like the taste to enjoy it.That depends from person to person.So try it out atleast for health'sake.You can have it with corn chips or tortillas or even with khakhras and papads or use it as a filling in sandwiches.All up to you! :-)
One quick & easy  to make dip it is!




Here's the recipe :-

Ingredients

1 finely chopped onion
1 finely chopped tomatoes
1 avocado
A bunch of finely chopped coriander  leaves
1 lemon
Salt
Pepper
Mixed herbs
2-4 Garlic cloves( optional)
Roasted cumin powder (optional)

Method

  1. Cut the avocado into half.
  2. Remove the seed.Scoop out the soft pulp and transfer it to a bowl 
  3. Mash it with a fork.
  4. Add juice of 1 lemon.
  5. Add the chopped onions,  tomatoes and coriander leaves.
  6. Add salt, pepper and mixed herbs, grated garlic, cumin powder.You can add any spice of your choice to get the right taste.
And it's ready! Enjoy! 

Happy Takes! & Happy Bites!


No comments:

Post a Comment